By studying online programmes, learners will avail a state of the art learning environment, freedom to participate in classes from whatever location suits them and in the case of asynchronous delivery - whenever and wherever they choose, and the opportunity to earn highly respected qualifications needed to advance careers.
The Online programmes can appear daunting at first, rest assured that the WINC ONLINE team will guide learners through the entire process from first contact to graduation.
Unlike most online degree programs, where most interaction between facilitators and learners happens asynchronously, the WINC ONLINE delivery system allows regular contact sessions between the learner and facilitator. This happens during the weekly lecture and tutorial session which is scheduled once every week (just like in a traditional college/University) and conducted via a sophisticated video and audio conferencing system. However, unlike traditional modes, a learner can ´attend´ the class from anywhere in the world as long as he/she has access to a computer with internet access!
These sessions are conducted at pre-scheduled times to the learners. And what´s more - Learners who cannot attend these sessions can retrieve these lectures as they will be recorded. In addition to this, learners can talk one to one with the faculty members during their scheduled office hours.
Learning Facilities and Technology Resources
Most courses will combine assigned readings from textbooks and other materials, online exercises, problems, activities put together by the instructor, interactive discussions on cases, situations, questions posed by the instructor, and assigned group or individual projects or papers. In addition to the live lecture delivery mentioned above all courses are supported using Moodle, an integrated course management system.
Learners have access to these resources throughout the semester and can download and print them as needed. In a normal week, learners will be expected to complete the assigned readings from the text book and other resources, go over the lecture notes/Audio lectures provided, participate in the asynchronous discussion boards, and attend the virtual lectures and tutorial sessions.
Assessments are designed to reflect and develop the skills leaders use in their professional environment, so you will be assessed on written assignments, presentations, reflective portfolios and personal development plans.
Homework assignments are posted on the Assignment Manager in Moodle.
Written assignments are submitted online through Moodle; when they are due is at the discretion of the instructor. Additional learning materials are available in the course resource area, such as PowerPoint slides, lecture notes, case examples, demonstrations, practice exams, and relevant articles or papers.
Highlights of Online Learning
- The classes will take place in an online environment. Learner can log in at any time at their convenience on to the LMS. Once online, learner will communicate with their instructors and fellow learners, read assigned texts, access digital materials, post assignments and comment on other learners’ assignments. While learner are required to log in at least two separate days each week, learner will, of course, benefit greatly from regular and more frequent attendance. In addition, live, interactive lectures are scheduled just as in a traditional programme and these times and schedules are made available at the start of each semester
- Online course experience will take place on an advanced learning management system designed to facilitate the optimal learning experience for learners. In addition to the educational platform the learner will utilize to communicate with faculty and fellow learners, learners will also have access to e-textbooks offering them the capability to highlight, annotate, create bookmarks, search, download and self-assess.
- Similar to a campus classroom, the online experience will include extensive participation and interaction with faculty and fellow learners. Learners can also use the online forum to communicate with advisers, teaching assistants and instructional specialists.
- Learners can take one/two modules at a time, each lasting 6/12 weeks. This advanced learning method designed for adults allows learners to concentrate their entire focus on one subject area before moving onto the next, while also allowing them to earn their degree in an accelerated time frame.
- The MBA/BSc (Hons) degree the learners earn online will hold the same value, acceptance and credibility as any equivalent degree earned in a traditional campus environment.